Saturday, August 14

Sister Girl


We were thrown with quite a whirlwind Thursday night. We received a phone call from my mom with news that Kiersten and her friend Brittany had been in a roll over accident, in Nephi, while driving down to Cedar City for school. My heart sunk. I didn't know what to do. All I wanted to do was be with my baby sister. Tyson and I waited up all night to hear the extensiveness of their injuries. We were notified that Kiersten has 35 staples in her head, a broken rib, broken back, and orbital fracture in her left eye. Brittany has some broken fingers,toes,a punctured lung, and a broken rib. All I could do was cry. My mom kept us updated while the doctors worked on Kiersten. She was given a very sweet blessing by the doctor in Nephi before she was transported by ambulance to Utah Valley Regional, where they thought she was going to have to have surgery on her eye. By the time she arrived her eye swelling had gone down. It was a miracle and shows the power of the Priesthood. My sweet father-in-law and husband made it possible for me to fly back to Utah to be by my sister's side. I arrived Friday evening and spent the night in the hospital with my mom. It is great to be here and to see and hear all of the support from so many family and friends. So many prayers have been answered. I know that our Heavenly Father is watching over and protecting her. Today Kiersten went into surgery to have six screws put into her back. She was blessed with a wonderful neurosurgeon named Dr. Reichman, who took tremendous care of her. It will be a six-month recovery to allow the screws to fuse to her spine. Kiersten is so strong and a fighter and we all know she will make it through this. We are ever so grateful that Kiersten and Brittany are with us today. Here are a few pictures of my little brown bear.
Kiersten and her best friend Brittany. Kiersten said, "I am so happy we are both alive so we can be best friends forever."



Their sweet bishop came to visit.




I love how positive Kiersten is. Thumbs up!




She finally got to brush her teeth today! She was so happy.

I am so blessed to have Kiersten as my sister. She is such a great example to me.



Kiersten loves visitors and appreciates every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS