Tuesday, April 9

5 Months

Dear Penelope,

Wow, how the time has flown by.  You are already five months old today.  Your dad and I love you more and more.  I never thought it was possible to love you so much.  We have had an interesting month.  We found out that you have to have heart surgery.  I know it is a blessing that your heart problem was found.  It has helped me cherish every moment with you.  I have melt downs here and there thinking about it, but I know you will be okay.  You are such a strong happy little girl.  

You still smile constantly.  You will let anybody hold you as long as you can see me or your papa.  You are the lightest sleeper.  One peep and you are awake.  You crack us up when you awaken from your naps.  You either wake up singing or growling.  It is music to our ears.  You like to talk and yell when we try and say our prays.  It is hard for us not to laugh.  You have the cutest little scream.  You go down for bed like no ones business.  I nurse you and you fall right asleep.  You sleep at least eight hours.  I love that.  

You can finally nurse without the shield.  This is both fantastic for you and me both.  You can nurse in just a few minutes.  I swear you have grown over night.  You have completely skipped six month clothes and are now in nine month.  Your rosy cheek are my favorite.  I kiss them all day long.  I was sick for a week and couldn't kiss you.  It was torture!  You love my kisses, especially my Eskimo and butterfly kisses.  You smile so hard your eyes disappear.  

You want to eat anything and everything.  I call you my little billy goat.  You put your blanky, Sophie, bunny, chew beads, and anything else you can get your hands on, into your mouth.  You have found your thumb.  It is the cutest thing to see you gnawing on it. You kick your little legs with excitement, when we come to get you out of bed or your car seat.  It makes my heart melt.  

Your sweet little arms have found there way around my neck.  I seriously die when you hug your little body to mine.  Tummy time is still your least favorite part of the day.  As soon as you roll over you are happy as a clam again.  You love laying in bed with me and watching tv in the mornings.

You love when I read to you.  You will sit and stare at me and smile the entire time.  I hope you grow to love books as much as I do.  














You are growing up right before our eyes.  I can't believe next month you will be eating baby food.  I love what you are teaching me.  I can't fully describe the love I feel for you.  I know one day you will know because you have taught me how much my mama loves me.  I would do anything for you baby girl.  I am so happy you came to us.

Love,

Your Mama and Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS