Friday, August 9

Nine Months

Dear Penelope,

In three short months you will be a year old.  Everyday I watch a little piece of my baby slip away.  It is heartbreaking but oh so wonderful at the same time.  Your personality is really starting to shine through.  You crack us up every day.  You have your dads sweet, loving, easy going personality, but have a touch of your mama's feisty personality.  You are sure to let us know when you want something.  The second I put you in your highchair, you start screaming for your food.  I can't get the food to you quick enough.  If I let you, you would eat the entire package of yogurt melts.  I guess you are like your mama and have a true love for food.  

You are currently fascinated with tissue or napkins, my phone, water bottles, GiGi's toys, wash clothes, and necklaces.  You primarily want anything you are not supposed to have.  I have to watch you with your books, because you like to eat them.  You have mastered drinking out of cup and gulping your baby good out of the packet.  

We finally pulled the plug and have you sleeping through the night.  I don't know if it was harder for you or me.  There was a part of me that really enjoyed those quite hours of the night, where it was just you and me.  You would nuzzle into me and make me feel like the most important person in the world. You take one short nap in the morning and one long nap in the afternoon.  You still bless your papa and I with going to bed at 7 o'clock.  

You are rolling all over the place.  The carpet is your playground.  You are not crawling, just yet, but have your own form of transportation.  You will arch your back and thrust your hips up and down to get where you want to go.  It is hilarious to watch.  If you keep this up, you might have no more hair left on the back of your head.

You are mumbling the words mama, papa, and hi.  I love hearing your sweet voice.  It melts my mama bear heart.  What kills me even more, is listening to you laugh.  It still amazes me, the things you find funny.  I will do something not meaning to make you laugh and you find it hilarious.

Gigi is still your favorite.  I am so happy you two get along.  She easily distracts you from eating.  You have no fear of dogs, which is a great relief.  You will go to anyone, but have started to reach.  I find this delectable.  It makes me giddy every time you lean in for me.  

I cherish the relationship you and I have.  We have a groove going on, that is like butter.  You get me and I get you.  You light up the room and make everyone grin from ear to ear.  Your newest snaggle tooth is too cute, for words.  I love seeing you smile and getting a glimpse of those pearly whites and watching your eyes squint just like your grandpa Brown's did.

We fall more and more in love with you every day.  I seriously squish you and kiss you all day.  Your kisses are the best.  You are our everything.  I don't know how we got so lucky!

Love, 
Mama and Papa










^^^ Like a boss.^^^



^^^ Clearly this months photo shoot, was a lot more challenging, with a mobile diva.^^^




 photo signature_zpsc2e4f28b.png

2 comments:

  1. eeek!!! shes so stunkin adorable...!!! and so is the pretty chair;)
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute. I laughed at the "like a boss" picture! She is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS